Please note that some of these files are very large and may take a long time to download.
A 500kb size file will take approximately 1½ minutes to download on a 56kbps dial-up modem.
We have produced a number of popular leaflets in a web-friendly format for you to easily view on screen, and for you be able to easily print the pages you need.
A Year of Discovery Ahead!
Our brand new Discover Bowland 2016 guide and events programme is now available.
Featuring Dark Sky Discovery Sites, family-friendly fun, local producers and of course, the Festival Bowland events programme, the new Discover Bowland brochure is full of places to go and things to do.
- Make one of Bowland's beautiful villages your base and combine a great walk with a welcome brew stop or a delicious meal. Our Walking with a View, a Brew and a Loo article has plenty of suggestions.
- Looking for fresh air and exercise? Why not try one of the featured walks, or even experience some of 2015's Tour of Britain route for yourself?
- If you need to refuel after all your activity, our Produce with Personality pages should tempt you to try out some of the area's fantastic food offer: tasty, local produce with some great stories behind it.
- Take a closer look at one of our furry, four-legged residents – the fantastic brown hare – and find out how the Hay Time and Networks for Nectar projects are helping to boost bee numbers.
- Get your camera out, get clicking and you could end up with your pic in our 2017 calendar! And, whilst you're in photo mood, why not upload your image to the Rate My View app and be in with the chance of winning some great prizes?
- Make the most of our night skies at one of four newly designated Dark Sky Discovery Sites. Bowland's relative lack of light pollution means that in clear weather, you've got a great chance of spotting the stars here – including our own Milky Way galaxy.
- Keep the whole family happy with our ideas for family fun, plus a great range of new quizzes and activity sheets.
- Choose from over 80 events in the Festival Bowland programme! From bluebell rambles to 15 mile hikes and from bat walks to kite flying, there really is something for everyone.
Web Friendly Leaflets
- Real Ale Guide to Bowland in pdf format (4mb)
- Forest of Bowland AONB General Leaflet in pdf format (3.4mb)
- Birding in Bowland in pdf format (3.5mb)
- Fishing in Bowland in pdf format (3.5mb)
Forest of Bowland AONB Leaflets
- NEW: Forest of Bowland AONB Teashop Leaflet in PDF format (4mb)
- NEW: Bentham Village Leaflet in PDF format (3mb)
- Forest of Bowland AONB Gisburn Forest Bike Trails in PDF format (4.6mb)
- Forest of Bowland AONB Bowland by Bike Leaflet in PDF format (3.8mb)
- Forest of Bowland/Bowland Experience Electrical Bike Network Leaflet in PDF format
- Forest of Bowland AONB Fishing Leaflet in PDF format (6mb)
- Forest of Bowland AONB General Information in PDF format (6.3mb)
- Forest of Bowland AONB Access Land Leaflet in PDF format (1,550kb)
- Forest of Bowland AONB Treading Carefully in PDF format (1,181kb)
- Forest of Bowland AONB Birding in Bowland in PDF format (7.3mb)
- Forest of Bowland AONB Food Directory in PDF format (3.31mb)
- Forest of Bowland AONB Visitor Code in PDF format (265kb)
- Bowland by Bus in PDF format (1.92mb)
Other Walking Leaflets
- NEW: Garstang Walking Festival in PDF format (461kb)
- Lune Valley Ramble in PDF format (549kb)
- The Tolkien Trail in PDF format (381kb)
- Caton with Littledale - 4 Circular Walks in PDF format (817kb)
- We also have a selection of on-line and downloadable walk leaflets produced by the AONB Unit.
Local Attractions Leaflets
- Slaidburn Local Attractions & Activities in PDF format (4,089kb)
- Lune Valley Introduction in PDF format (518kb)
- Bleasdale Circle Leaflet in PDF format (966kb)
- Bolton-By-Bowland, Sawley & Tosside Village Leaflet in PDF format (3.0mb)
- Calder Vale, Bleasdale and Barnacre Village Leaflet in PDF format (3.0mb)
- Chatburn Village Leaflet in PDF format (3.9mb)
- Chipping Village Leaflet in PDF format (2.9mb)
- Dunsop Bridge and Newton Village Leaflet in PDF format (2.3mb)
- Slaidburn Village Leaflet in PDF format (2.5mb)
- Wray Village Leaflet in PDF format (4.0mb)